This step-by-step series of tutorials will show you how to animate shapes and text to create a customizable patriotic slide with background music. This first tutorial focuses on drawing and animating the Red Bars shown below.
Create the red bars:
In this slide we’ve created two bars using rectangles and a gradient fill.
- To create the first rectangular bar, go to the Insert tab on the Ribbon> Shapes ▼ > Rectangle.
- Draw the rectangle to the desired height and width (we’ve filled the bar with Red, used .4 inches for the 2. height and 11.82 inches for the length, and placethe bar near the bottom of the slide
- Select the bar, under Drawing Tools click the Format tab > > Shape Fill ▼ > Gradient > More Gradients
- In the Format Shape task pane, to set the gradient stops do the following:Type: Linear Angle: 180 Gradient stop 1:
Gradient stop 2 (click on Gradient bar to add stop if needed):
Gradient stop 3 (click on Gradient bar to add stop if needed):
- To close the Format Shape task pane, click the x in the upper right corner of the Pane. The rectangle will look like this:
- Select the rectangle, press Ctrl + C and then Ctrl +V. Now you have two rectangular bars.
Animate the red bars:
*NOTE: We have labeled each object on the slide by identifying it in the Selection Pane (Home > Editing > Select > Selection Pane)
- Press and hold the Shift key, and then select each Rectangle
- To show the Animation Pane, click the Animations Tab > Advanced Animation Group > Animation Pane.
- To apply an animation On the Animations Tab > Advanced Animation Group > Add Animation > More Entrance Effects> Expand
- To set the timing to animate both bars, click the down arrow ?next to ‘Rectangle’ (or Red Bar Top), click Timing, and then do the following: **Tip: Be sure that you press and hold the Shift key and select both bars so the timing applies to both.*** Set the Delay: 1.50 * Set the Duration: 03.00
This tutorial is part of a 5 part series. To learn other drawing and animation techniques to create a slide like this, click any of the following links:
Download the PowerPoint file from here